Roadmap 2023 🎯
We have five goals for 2023.
- Stability and transparency - robust tests, unchanging internals, and proactive comms.
- Increase diversity of production use cases - SIEM, infra migration, data lake management, and more.
- Improved developer tooling - config management, schema management, etc.
- Deeper integrations with the next generation of data tooling.
- Save more companies a significant amount of money and time.
2022 Year in Review
Buz was born on January 18, 2022 as a serverless collector for Snowplow events. It has become much more.
We quickly recognized the value in a lightweight event collector doesn't only lie in its minimal infrastructure and cost efficiencies, but also in its flexibility, its openness, and its first-class support of pre-existing infrastructure preferences.
Buz has grown to support:
- Five event protocols, all of which have payload validation and annotation capabilities.
- Twenty event sinks ranging from Postgres, to streaming tech like Redpanda, to message brokers like NATS.
- Ten schema registry backends ranging from cloud object storage, to RDBMS's, to document stores.
- A lightweight onboard schema registry. (Yet-another piece of consolidated infrastructure™)
- Serverless, hybrid-cloud deployments. Which are terraformed for anyone to use.
- Piles of operator-friendly mechanisms including middleware, onboard statistics, dedicated sinks, incremental schematization and more.
- A friendly envelope that gets out of the way but is key to downstream utility. The first one sucked - we fixed it.
(with more on the way)
Buz 2022 misc:
- >100k LOC written (or removed)
- >250 issues closed
- >90 releases
- Double-digit microsecond payload validation
- 0 to >30k rps in the AWS Lambda free tier
- Powers numerous (diverse) production systems.